International Bottled Water Association | IMMEDIATE RELEASE | November 20, 2012
IBWA Announces 2012-2013 Officers and Board of Directors
Alexandria, VA – The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) today announced its 2012-2013 officers and board of directors. IBWA members elected the association’s leadership during the 2012 Annual Business Conference, held in New Orleans, Louisiana, from November 12-16.
Bill Young, of Absopure Water Company, was elected to serve as chairman the IBWA Board of Directors for 2012-2013. He is a member of IBWA’s executive committee and board of directors and served as Vice Chairman in 2011 and IBWA treasurer in 2010.
The IBWA members approved the following slate of officers for 2012-2013:
• Chairman: Bill Young, Absopure Water Co.
• Vice Chairman: Breck Speed, Mountain Valley Spring Co.
• Treasurer: David Muscato, Nestle Waters of North America
• Immediate Past Chairman: Philippe Caradec, Danone Waters of America
The following IBWA members were either elected or re-elected to the board of directors for a three-year term, expiring in 2015:
• Page Beykpour, CG Roxanne (reelected)
• Dan Bush, IGO Direct USA (elected)
• Dan Kelly, Polymer Solutions (reelected)
• Bill Young, Absopure Water Company (reelected)
Other IBWA members who currently serve on the Board of Directors:
• Joe Bell, Bell Sales, Inc.
• Marty Conte, Diamond Springs Water
• Tom Harrington, DS Waters
• Douglas Hidding, Blackhawk Molding Co., Inc.
• David Holdener, Nicolet Forest Bottling Co., Inc.
• Scott Hoover, Roaring Springs Bottling
• Greg Nemec, Premium Waters
• Steve Raupe, Ozarka Water and Coffee Service
• Chris Saxman, Shenandoah Valley Water Co.
• Bryan Shinn, Shinn Spring Water Company d/b/a/ “The Water Guys”
• Robert Smith, Grand Springs Distribution
• Jeffery Vinyard, Crystal Springs Bottled Water Co.
• Lynn Wachtmann, Maumee Valley Bottlers, Inc.
# # #
The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) is the authoritative source of information about all types of bottled waters, including spring, mineral, purified, artesian, and sparkling. Founded in 1958, IBWA’s membership includes U.S. and international bottlers, distributors and suppliers. IBWA is committed to working with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which regulates bottled water as a packaged food product, to set comprehensive and stringent standards for safe, high-quality bottled water products.
In addition to FDA regulations, IBWA member bottlers must adhere to the IBWA Bottled Water Code of Practice, which mandates additional standards and practices that in some cases are more stringent than federal and state regulations. A key feature of the IBWA Bottled Water Code of Practice is a mandatory annual plant inspection by an independent, third-party organization.
IBWA is proud to be a partner with Keep America Beautiful and a supporter of Drink Up, an initiative of former First Lady Michelle Obama and the Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA), which encourages Americans to drink more water more often – whether from the tap, a filter, or in a bottle. Choosing water is always the healthy choice.